I've done it! The Wedding Quilt is sitting in a posh bag, all ready for Emma and Matthew's wedding today. Having taken the day off yesterday to a) get my hair done all glam and b) bind the quilt, I can say by 4pm I was DONE! Phew (the Olympics provided the TV entertainment - go Team GB!).
I'm glad I decided to sash with white, as it's made the fab colours of Kate Spain's Good fortune fabrics really pop. I stippled all over, and after one disasterous night of sewing machine hate (mainly due to a massive ball of fluff that had been builidng up under the bobin for quite some time now!), my stitches improved, and I think the quilting is fine.
The binding is a sky-blue from Moda with Kate Spain's Tranquil Butterfly in orange/blue for the backing, although in spite of finding some at New Threads and The Cotton Patch I had to do a strip of the leftover layer cake squares and one area made up of the trimmings used from cutting the original layer cake pieces to 9inch squares.
I made a label using a fine-point Sharpie pen and Bondaweb, having stitched a label patch into the back as as I made up the backing shortfall! I think it looks cute with the butterflies.
Anyway, off to put on my posh frock and head to The Cotswolds - here's to a great wedding day!